View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Book RE: Dr Sabjen- san diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallysue View Post
I am desperately looking for a good RSD doctor to be able to properly treat me to try to bring about remission or reversal. I am a recently injured (Spring 2012). I am having difficulty finding a good RSD doctor in San Diego or Orange County, CA.

sallysue

dd

In reply to Dr. Sabjen- I know of her and have spoken with her. She has been using a combination of ketamine nasal spray, low dose or ultra low dose naltrexone (which has been clinically shown to put MS into remission, a higher dosage of Namenda than normally rx'd in the USA, and medications like lamictal to work on the sodium ion channels. Many of the newest results regarding- low dose/ultra low dose naltrexone were reported in the 2010 rsdsa glia conference. research shows that the glia cells (nerve cells we have in our body) do not function as in similar diseases such as ALS, and MS. I have heard controversial issues as well from other Experts in RSD regarding ketamine nasal that it can be damaging, affects the bladder, and also reportedly any form of ketamine (not IV) can cause allergies. My experience is every RSD patient must find their own combonation that works for them. I will always stress research as much as possible, and try to understand this disease and symptoms through an expert doctor who thouroughly understands rsd. Every patient is different- symptoms might be similar, but a good patient can dictate to their physican, what is happening and the doctor can hopefully assist in remeding the problem as best as possible. Different thinks and treatments work on individuals to varying degrees.
hannah01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote