View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused An unfortunate question

Well it's been about 3.5 weeks since my implant. I have some good news and bad news. As I have been accused of being a pessimist, I'll give y'all the bad news first...

1. Migraines. I have always had them, but they are back with a vengeance!! I am hoping my old friend topamax will stop them. It's the only thing that ever has.
2. Right hand. It has long been assumed that I have rsd in my right leg, left leg,a nd right arm. Since the relief in my legs is so good, I have become more cognizant of how my arm feels. It kills! It's the main reason I'm still take pain meds. Is it possible to have two scs? I had a very scary stellate block experience and don't want to do that again. Anyhow, just mulling choices and since you guys are super awesome, I thought I'd weigh in with ya. I've had such great success with leg scs (Sheldon) that I would love my arm to get it!

Now for the good news:

Sheldon is amazing!! I can walk without a cane for the first time in a long time! I'm taking fewer pain meds, sleeping better, etc. I've had some programming issues, but we are slowly getting the bugs out. I've not felt this good since before that monster rsd showed up in my body. Anyway, I'm so grateful it works. I know many RSD sufferers that it didn't help at all so I feel fortunate.

Just wanted to check in! Btw, dfw Andy, I'm about 60 miles north of there. All my procedures are done in Frisco.

I hope everyone is having a manageable pain day!!

tkayewade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (08-04-2012), ger715 (08-04-2012), JavaJan (08-04-2012), Mark56 (08-03-2012), Rrae (08-04-2012)