View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default The heat and humidity, and my poor legs...

It gets hot and humid, and I sit a lot for work. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

When I get up to use the washroom, or go on a break, I often have my left leg 'seize' up when I stand. Sometimes the right leg, but more often the left. It's momentary, however I've almost fallen a few times from it.

It seems to happen when it's hot and humid. Days it's cooler and less humid, I don't have this happening.

It's not painful really, just very uncomfortable. I take calcium, magnesium, d3. I walk daily in the mornings before working, and often for 40+ minutes after supper with hubby. We spend my 2 days off out walking around a lot too - so walking is something I do a lot of and I don't have this cramping happen then, only seems to occur when I'm sitting for long periods.

I'm wondering ... is this the dreaded spasticisty component of MS sneaking up on me? I sure hope not! Though I did ironically receive a thin magazine from the Copaxone people (I still get mail from them even though I quit the drug a long time back) that talked about being woken 1-5 times during the night due to spasticisty. Perhaps this would explain why I've been waking up so much lately..

Le sigh. Darn disease. Hope everyone's been having a good summer and is staying cool. Looking forward to autumn lol!
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (08-04-2012), Dejibo (08-05-2012), SallyC (08-04-2012)