View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
How kind of you to reply about the sell of my home. That meant alot to me, as the whole sitautiion is very scarry and upsetting. I picked a realtor here near me, who has been here for 30 years. He is 84 and still wants to work. He has a heart, and knows all kinds of people down here. I picked him after asking about various realtor all over. His reputation was sound. The showing of the house with all the realtor went just fine. Now I pray for the sale to happen, and that I get what I need to move on.
Thank you again John for caring about me. your friend at NT ginnie
Sounds like a good start, and I wish you the very best - a neighbor here in Portland had a problem with a housing company that agreed to a sale but then backed out at the last moment, essentially forcing the owner to make a much lower offer in order to avoid imminent foreclosure. I'm not an expert in real estate, but the lesson I think from that was to try and make sure that your realtor secures sufficient "earnest money" (basically a deposit, I think) from the buyer to cover such an eventuality. In any event, good luck and hang in there, this forum needs you!

Love,

- John
NervousMess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote