View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Real41 View Post
Oh i have jaw tightness too but i was told i clench my mouth when I sleep but yeah that could be it too thanks!

I even had a mouth piece made to sleep in so as to relax the jaw and prevent me from clenching. Since that wasn't the real problem. Didn't help. I still feel you need to look into this more; even though many of your symptoms mimic my "rebound headaches". It took some years of discomfort to figure out the real problem. There is more known about rebound headaches at this time. The biggest thing I learned; Do No Keep Taking heacdache meds; even asprin over and over again.

Since I had headaches in teens; got in the habit of taking Bufferin. But the real culprit came when I was given a script for Midrin and a large quantity with 12 refills. Didn't realize how dangerous that was since my neurologist gave me the scrip; just assumed it was okay to take as needed. Take two, then couple of hours later; headache back; take another, headache would go away for a short time, then back. One of my other doctors had given me an article about "rebound" headaches...sounded familiar. Until my son did the research on his computer about Midrin....which listed one of the main side effects was jaw tigthening. That's when I finally realized what I was doing. Althought I take Imitrex now....that one also states a side effect of jaw tightening. I have backed off considerably on all headache meds including Bufferin. I take 25 mg's Imitrex when symptoms first appear. Very seldom take a second a few hours later. Usually the headache is either gone or dull enough not to take more. In this case.........more is not better!!!!

Actually the shoulder pain coming from my neck was thought to be cervical dystonia. I had botox by a doctor specializing in dystonia from one of the Medical Universities in Chicago. This didn't help enough to bother with a second round of injections.

As if often the case; one thing leads to another and eventually no one is sure what triggered multiple symptoms.

What was the case for me, does not mean same for you; so again you should have your doctor look into causes, as well as learning all you can about "rebound" headaches.

Hopefully you will find the sollution to these problems. As I mentioned; eventually becomes hard to trace back the culprit; if there is one.

(Gerry)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Not_Real41 (08-05-2012)