Thread: MRI Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MRI Questions

OK, so I had an MRI of the brain-no contrast the other day. It was ordered by my PCP. She reported to me that the results were normal. Then she referred me to a neurologist in a big city. I live in a small town and it was an open MRI, so I can only presume that she believes the big city doc will do another one on a different machine. (My husband came along for the test in our small town and he commented that the facility should be renamed "Joe-Bob's MRI Shop"- so let's just say he doesn't have a whole lot of confidence in that test )

My questions are these:
1. In ya'lls experience, did the contrast make a difference in finding something that was there?
2. Did ya'll have more than one MRI in the diagnosis process? Was it open or closed and does that make a difference?
3. Does it happen that things are there that don't show up or show up later? Or show up on one but not another? Is there a certain type of MRI I should ask for or ask about that is better? I really want to be confident in my test results and I wish I could say I am, but so far I can't in regard to the MRI.
4. Does that head cage really freak you out?! I mean, reallly?!! Open isn't all that open if you ask me.
lawbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (08-04-2012), HarveysAngelsx3 (08-08-2012), SallyC (08-04-2012)