View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 11:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
Hi, I can't help you, as I am still trying to help myself, but I feel your pain and I said a prayer for you after I read your post.

When you said:
"After being dropped by two pain dr's who wanted a "good" patient who doesn't Google, ask questions, give input or cause them to work very hard"

I could very much relate to you. A couple years ago my Blood Pressure soared and my dr asked me to leave his practice for the same reasons you stated, I was trying to be my own dr. I felt hurt and abandoned. I thought, how awful was I that a dr actually asked me to leave??? Just because I refused to go on the specific med he wanted me on????

I didn't realize how deeply that dr hurt me and made me feel wrong...until now 2 yrs later I am dealing with some kind of neuropothy in my feet that 2 drs say is from my thyroid even though they tested my fasting diabetic glucose they say i dont have it but I think I do.

Anyway, I say all of that to encourage you to keep on being in control of your health. I fired the first dr I went to and took control of my own health. I found a dr that was willing to give me the desicated thyroid hormone I wanted. And I have learned that no dr will ever care about me as much as ME. So if I have to fire another dr and move on then I will.

So don't let any dr make you feel less for taking charge of your own health. Keep fighting the good fight to find a dr JUST TO FIT YOUR NEEDS. I am learning to trust myself more and to fight for myself.

I wish I had other words to help you but its a journey I am on also. But I do believe my God is able to heal me..with or without dr's, and if I am not healed instantly then He will guide me down the path to finding healing with a dr's help.

Don't give up!
Thank you - I am trying to be strong, but some days it is so hard. After reading your post, I would say one thing. Treat yourself as if you have diabetes. The order is that first you get neuropathy, then you get diagnosed with diabetes and you have the problem of neuropathy already.

When I was pregnant I was borderline diabetic and the doc said I didn't have to worry until I was "officially" diabetic. No dietary changes or anything. WRONG!! At that moment I should have been sent to a diabetes educator and put on insulin (in pregnancy you can't use Metformin). I should have made over my diet and made radical changes, because at that moment my sugary blood was damaging my nerve sheaths.

Just my opinion, but as a precaution EVERYONE should eat as if diabetic, because it is the only way to help ensure the preservation of your nerves. I have my little ones on the same diabetic diet as myself because they are predisposed to diabetes/neuropathy, so may as well start protecting them now.

Just learned about Vit D and Calcium and fat and having to take them all together. Look up metabolic syndrome - had it all my life.

I would have given anything to get this advice 20 yrs ago. I would be healthy today. So I started last week. No sugar, no processed food, only whole foods. Only grilled or baked fish, chicken, no red meat. Cod liver oil. Whole milk (yuck!) Bacon, eggs with yolks, butter, potatoes w/butter, nuts, cheese, greens. The idea is eat Vit D, Calcium and fat all together. This will prevent metabolic syndrome. Funny that I NEVER ate these foods until last week, but the foods and mega vitamins all seem to be helping, but I know it will be a process.

Anyone have my problem and trying to solve it using food and vitamins?
MommyN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote