View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 11:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Abdominal Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Staging is no longer really done...

Blocks are the standard as a precaution for those with RSD receiving surgery. I had a Stellate Ganglion block when I had hand surgery post RSD and had no problems with spread. The SGB lasted for 3 weeks and got me through the worst of recovery.

How long will the block they're planning last? The kind done in child birth wears off so quickly it wouldn't help for RSD in regards to surgery.

Ketamine is often used in anesthesia for RSD surgery now, so you might want to research it as well. The main thing is your surgeon experienced with RSD? Have you had a 2nd opinion that surgery is urgently needed?
Thank's for your reply. What is Staging? Also yes I need this surgery done. This is my third time trying to have it. The 1rst time I got sick from the prep,the 2nd time they made 1 incision into my bellybutton and i had a heart attack so they stiched me back up and took me to the holding room. It turned out that my potassium was very low and at the time I was taking Methedone(sp?) I am having what is called a Ladd's procedure. My duodenum is rotated and fliped up,my colon is all in knot's and they are taking out my appendix. I have been suffering for 3 year's trying to have any bowel movement's!! I know this is gross but the only way I can get the stool out is to put on a sterile glove with vasoline and go up there with my finger! ECK~~ I know have been doing this for over 3 year's and am very afraid of rupturing my bowel's. So this is why I need this surgery. Also from not having normal movement's it look's like I am 3 month's pregnant.
Breezy55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote