Thread: New symptom??
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveysAngelsx3 View Post
I've always had migraines since I was 14 years old. However lately since the onset of the majority of my symptoms I have had less and less headaches. Well the last 4 days I had a horrible prolonged migraine. Now it's been about a month since I've had a "PAIN FREE" day, without twitching & soreness & spasms & weakness in my legs. Well for about 3 hours my left eye would not stop twitching! It started to make my eye hurt. I tried everything to relieve the twitching but nothing seemed to help. Into about the 2nd hr of the twitching I started getting a headache and about 12 hours after the onset of my headache when it progressed into a migraine not just an annoying headache (those who suffer from migraines know exactly what I'm talking about) my symptoms & the majority of my body pain & weakness disappeared! It was gone for 3 days! I woke up every morning and noticed EVERY MORNING that I had NO pain other than some minor stiffness or soreness in my back and neck. The only pain in my entire body was in my head and my left eye felt as if I had cried for days. The pain in my head was usual not like ANY other migraines I can recall, however my memory is HORRIBLE so that's not saying much. The pain in my head started in the center at the very base of my head where the back of the neck & the head meet All the way up through the center of my head and over the top down to the center of my forehead. I told my husband it felt as if someone had taken a HUGE butcher knife and attempted to slice my head completely open in the center of my head. There was minimal pain tot he right or left side except some nauseating temporal pain with bright lights and loud noise. After 3 1/2 days, I finally gave in and took a Toradol for my migraine and within 2-3 hours it was easing up, leaving only a slight residual headache. approx 2 hours after the most severe pain went away my numbness, tingling, muscle stiffness, joint pain, leg & arm twitches returned as well as the spasms & the (oh what is it called u know the nerve twitching.... anyways I can't remember) but anyways all my symptoms returned in full force as well as somehow or another hurting my right knee know and I can't put ANY pressure on it.

OK So Long story Longer.... My question is has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? It was so noticeable even my husband noticed in bed that my legs weren't twitching. OH TREMORS THAT'S THE WORD FOR THAT TREMBLING FEELING! He said I have VERY minimal twitching in my legs one night which made me feel relieved for a few moments anyways. I told my husband I wonder if the pain or the area of the pain in my head could have been somehow blocking the nerve sensory that tells my body to respond with pain and twitching in those areas of my body. OK I'm sure I sounds certifiably insane at the moment but No one other than my husband who visibly saw it, believes me! Is this something I should mention to my doctor? SOMEBODY PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT THIS ISN'T just a coincidence or offer some kind of explanation!

Tisha (aka CRAZY HYPO LADY!)
MS Diagnosing stage
Symptoms with explanation, 19 months and counting...

Not absolutely positive, but this sounds like what happened to me. My headaches started at 11. Never had a diagnosis & never really wanted one. They happened periodically throughout my childhood & adulthood. I was given a few medicines over the years but nothing really worked & I'm not big on meds, so usually, I would take them once or twice & then just forget about them.

My eye pain started in my left eye. It kept on happening for about two-three months. Then, it felt like someone stabbing my left eye with a needle. Mostly now it just feels like massive pressure. It was the TWITCHING that drove me mad!! So I can totally relate.

It's been a year now...on hindsight, I can tell you that it is lucky that that's all it was. The progression that has happened since is the real hell. But that's the nightmare that is finding out what it is. My PC says MS...the Neuro stills says, "We are still defining what exactly this is," so I will see him again in September.

I have a lot of symptoms & some aren't so very nice right now. Does heat make your symptoms worse? Do you get fatigue...do you just HAVE to take a nap? Have you lost upper or lower body stregnth? These are definite signs to make a doctors appt. Also, I would recommend staying on this site & talking to these folks. They are very, very helpful, friendly & a font of information.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!! All you wonderful peeps out there too!!

"Thanks for this!" says:
Judy2 (08-06-2012), SallyC (08-04-2012)