View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been going through an "official" Lyrica withdrawal since June 22, 2012. I made the choice to stop taking Lyrica, with the guidance of my chiropractor, a little over a month ago. I had been taking Lyrica for at least five years, and had increased the dosage to 150mg daily for the past year or so. I experienced some of the same issues with Lyrica that so many of you had posted too! The withdrawal from missing a dose for an hour, a day, and now waiting for it to leave my system...

There is relief in now knowing what is behind these terrible symptoms, I was on the verge of tears last night when I read through everyone's posts and thought to myself, this is it! I know now that I'm not alone, going crazy, or suffering from some unknown disease.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your symptoms, your advice on easing the withdrawal symptoms, what your doctors have told you, etc. I cannot express enough gratitude for how this site has helped me in the past six hours where my doctors have not been able to help me in YEARS!

My withdrawal symptoms have included:
Nausea, general feeling of an upset stomach with no outcome
Extreme sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
Excessive sweating, made worse by stress
Headaches ranging from mild to servere
Flu like symptoms; sore throat, body aches, cough, runny nose, fatigue, etc.
Irritability
Mood swings
Acne
Muscle twitching
And a generalized increase in all of the other symptoms that accompany fibromyalgia

Thank you all!
EyesWideOpen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote