Old 04-21-2007, 12:59 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Curcumin

Hi All,
OK, I admit it!!! LOL.
Yes, I have been taking curcumin now for some 5 to 6 years. I have definitely improved over that period, but like all of us, I have periodically tried other supplements. I do believe however the improvements are due to curcumin. I used to take up to 800mg of L-dopa per day, now I take 200 to 300mg. I used to have to crawl during the night to the bathroom, now I walk.
I could not pick up a fork with my left hand, now I can. I had difficulty driving and my wife would drive me. Now I drive regularly. This week I again went a walk with the dog before I took my morning meds. I can go on demanding holidays. Tahiti for 16 days last month, meaning a total flying time of 40 hours. Two weeks booked in Crete in 2 weeks time.
I have had PD for 16 years now. I am now over 70 years old, so I am battling old age as well as PD. The improvements were not immediate. It took at least months before I saw definite improvements. However, I have posted previously that it is very safe, having passed 6 human safety trials. It is a multifunctional supplement, a powerful antioxidant, an antii-inflammatory, a strong chelator of heavy metals, and it tightens up the pores of the BBB.
Today, I will be standing for 2 hours in Canterbury city centre with a collecting tin, collecting for PD research.
Best wishes
Ron
Ronhutton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote