Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Numb hands?

Anyone else have hands that are numb?

How do you get anything done?

I can barely type right now (good thing I got that iPad 3 with voice recognition software two days before my hands went numb). And there are other things but I won't mention that I'm having problems doing. I'm really missing my opposable thumb and my hands

Other than watching out for hot liquids and other hot temperatures what else should I watch out for while my hands are still numb? I'm trying to exercise my hands so that they don't get any weaker. I'm going to call my physiatrist on Monday and see if I can get some physical therapy, but I kind of think I used it all up already for the year. I turned down the steroids that the neurologist offered me. (starting to regret that)

Does anyone know if it's normal to feel like you're going to fall down when your hands are numb. Like my sense of balance is off. I'm not dizzy, but I feel like I'm going to fall down every time I try to walk across the room.

I got this iPad just in time. I don't think I could have typed this post without a lot of errors without the voice recognition. Just wish I wasn't so afraid of dropping the iPad because I can hardly feel anything, and my hands really hurt. This thing is heavy. At least it's more useful than my computer has been the past couple of days. The voice recognition is really cool, but I want to be able to type normally. It's faster that way. Dictating takes forever, and it not all that private.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (08-06-2012), Dejibo (08-06-2012), yeti (08-06-2012)