Old 08-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawbird View Post

My questions are these:
1. In ya'lls experience, did the contrast make a difference in finding something that was there?

Contrast only makes active spots light up. it wont change how many lesions you have or where they are placed. it only tells if the disease is in an active state.

2. Did ya'll have more than one MRI in the diagnosis process? Was it open or closed and does that make a difference?

I am horrible at the MRI HORRIBLE! Open closed, half way, makes no never mind to me. but YES there is a difference. the open MRI rates about a 1 telsa strength. the closed is typically 1.5 so 50% stronger and can see more. Many places today are using 3 telsa strength but they are all closed machines. even in an open machine, strap that thing on my head and im off to the races. FREAK OUT! They normally knock me out. I mean out like in intubate me out. I simply cant do it anymore. I had several done to complete the diagnostic process.

3. Does it happen that things are there that don't show up or show up later? Or show up on one but not another? Is there a certain type of MRI I should ask for or ask about that is better? I really want to be confident in my test results and I wish I could say I am, but so far I can't in regard to the MRI.

Whatever shows up, is caught on film. You cant go back and photoshop your results. They are what they are. now that doesnt mean you wont have a flair in six month and get new lesions or show new spots on your brain and spinal cord. This is why they repeat them, to compare one to the other to see if you have progression.

4. Does that head cage really freak you out?! I mean, reallly?!! Open isn't all that open if you ask me.

Yep, freaks me right out! I have them cover my eyes so I cant even see it, then I refuse to let them put me in it before they KNOCK ME OUT!
Wishing you the best of luck.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote