View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Dear Cancun

Was the implant done in Cancun, I ask because of the handle you used, or in the U.S.? I know because I have had ultra serious surgery of the low spine twice before the implant years later; thus, I had something by which to compare.

My implant was done as a one day procedure. We were in a surgery center attached to a hospital from 6 in the morning to just after 6 in the evening. We were released not because I felt like running a mile, but because the surgeon hopes his patients will be able to return home due to fear of infection if remaining In The Hospital.

Even though we returned to our home and put me to bed, I was in pain similar to having the prior serious deep back surgery and my own bed at home was no more comfortable than a hospital bed. I was miserable for the first few nights and did not sleep well just as at the hospital, then my pain began to lessen significantly into week two, to the point that by end of the week when my Dr. appointment arrived for programming my stim, I was uncomfortable but not out of control in pain.

I ask which country your husband was in as he experienced implant, for I have heard both plus and minus stories about hospital situations in the country neighbor to our south. This is not meant to alarm you though.

Each individual is going to experience pain unto their own particular profile. For some, pain tolerance is higher, for others less. Your husband's doc should be all over this, both as insurance hates paying for hospital nights for a procedure they consider "less significant." While pain requiring four night hospitalization in your husband's case even seems much to me, for with my most serious of surgeries, I was booted out of the hospital after two nights.

I don't know whether this is particularly helpful Cancun, but I am around if you have questions, AND I will commence praying for you and your husband.

Prayin,
Mark56 gentle zzzz
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (08-19-2012), cancun (08-07-2012), eva5667faliure (08-05-2012), ginnie (08-07-2012), lsutiger (08-06-2012), Rrae (08-06-2012)