View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 07:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My arm, shoulder, neck is in so much pain I am miserable. So I got on the telephone today and called several places that sell hot tubs. One larger chain lets you bring a bathing suit with you if you make an appointment in advance and they allow you to sit in a private room to try out the tub. I am going to try this next Saturday to see if I can find some relief in a hot tub the way I found it in the pool. I told the sales person that I needed to be able to have the water come up to my collar bone. He said that several of the models have seats that allow you to sit low enough for water to come up to the neck. I sure hope this will provide some relief. I don't know if sitting on a hard seat will make a difference compared to sitting weightless on a noodle, but I am willing to give it a try.

I see my vascular surgeon tomorrow and I will discuss this with him. He had suggested that I try swimming months ago, which I did. However, I can't swim and I am not in good physical shape so all I was able to do was to crank my neck out of the water while I did the doggie paddle manuver. It hurt my neck, back, arm and was miserable. But sitting in the noodle was way different. I will let you know what he says tomorrow.
ElyseHart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote