View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good grief Silver --- You have a MESS of troubles and my heart goes out to you!!! I can only imagine the pain associated with all this. I've been a chronic painer for 26 years, and for most of that time, the pain was NOT controlled at all. It's been only in the last 3 months that my "semi-new" doctor found a combination of meds that have worked pretty good!!! Prior to that, I was basically writhing in pain, losing my hair, in bed, and you know the rest.

I wish I really knew what to suggest. It has been alot of our experiences that surgery begets surgery. It seems that the levels above and below the surgery sites fail due to having to take on more of the load. It's called the "Domino effect" and most doctors don't tell you about this. It happened after each surgery I had and of course my doc never mentioned the probability of that happening. It doesn't seem to matter if it's "regular" surgery or fusion either.

BUT -- if you are in danger of having permanent nerve damage or spinal cord injury or impingement, then surgery IS necessary whether you really want it or not!!! I would talk with my Neuro and make SURE this isn't a possibility. if it IS, then you may have to schedule some surgery.

Hopefully others will chime in with more info and advice. I wish you the very best Silver. You've really been thru the mill! God bless you and PLEASE -- will you keep us posted on what happens and your progress??? We really do care!!! Please take care of yourself. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-25-2012)