View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Anne
Have you seen an occupational therapist? They will help you with anything you have trouble doing. I went ten years ago, and still use the things they taught me. Mine even worked with me using a yard stick to simulate my rifle. (I used to do a lot of target shooting. My upper body is to stiff now to do it any more) They helped me with my car seat belt ( I use a hook to get hold of it), opening cans and bottles, ways to wash my feet, since I am often to stiff and painful to reach them properly. How to make brushing my service dog easier, using a trackpad instead of a mouse, different keyboard angle... All kinds of things. I made a list of everything that was difficult for me before I went in.

The occupational therapist (I went to Cleveland Clinic) was also the best at giving me exercises. Physical therapy makes me worse. Occupationl therapy helped, and helped me in everyday life to deal with RSD. All these years later, I still try to do the exercises at least once a day. They taught me a few each week, and at the end of a couple months, they made a plan for me to do at home. I was driving three hours each way to get there, so I could not do it on an ongoing basis.
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote