View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Jess

I wish you the best as you go forward with the surgery. That nervousness, and anxiety are very normal. I feaked out for my own surgery two years ago and found NT. Leesa was the first to calm me down, followed by others, who had walked where I was going. I never left NT for that reason.
I can suggest just a few things to help. I also hope you have a buddy, friend, mate, someone to give a hand for a few days at least. Have ready to go meals already prepared for when you get home.
I did not want to shower for the first days home. I used these wonderful adult waterless wash cloths from Walgreens. You do feel clean. There are also shampoos, you rub in, and by gosh the hair gets clean with towel drying.
If you have any problems at home, don't be afraid to bug your doctor, and ask. They know people get scared, even after the proceedure.
Most of all, be kind to yourself. This is alot for anyone to go through. I was fused C3-7. I had a week of help at home and was ever so grateful to my family and friends. I hope all of this is worth the effort, and that your results will be great. NT and those of us who have had some kind of surgery, will be here for you. You are on my prayer list too. Ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote