View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 5/11 surgery for Spinal Stenosis-

Quote:
Originally Posted by doni46 View Post
Now I have to wear heavy AFO's. Both feet are numb. And I have fallen several times. I can use a walker but my thighs get very weak. I have always had depression but never like this before. The psychiatrist doubled my antidepressant. It is helping. I just can't believe my life is winding down this way and I know I will eventually be in a nursing home. My dear husband helps me so much. I have elimination problems as well. I don't know much more to talk about right now. If you can help,,or not or just be my understanding friend.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Doni
doni46 - I don't know if I'm answering you correctly here, but I have some of the same problems you are having and have found, after several months, that I have bone spurs in my cervical (neck) spine that are compressing my spinal cord. The C-6 vertabrae is the culprit. My feet and lower legs hurt severely and I'm losing my ability to walk as well. My thigh muscles get worn out very quickly. I also am having trouble with my bladder and bowel.

If you get this and haven't had anyone look for stenosis in your cervical spine, I would suggest it. Go on the web and look up cervical spinal stenosis and see if you have the same symptoms that they explain there.

I hope you find answers that will help.
tpat1515 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote