Thread: Lemonade Stand
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules A View Post
OMG I love this!!! You are wonderful and what great planning to include the girls in poster making and add pictures so people can see the results of their generosity...is there some kind of marketing or psychology background here?

PM me next time you do something like this and I will send a little something to you via pay/pal. You know I'm a sucker for the critters. I had two feral cats neutered a couple of weeks ago in my never ending effort to stabilize the colony at one of the hospitals where I work.
@Jules. We are ALL wonderful and now my head is so swelled I am having problems getting through the door.

The inclusion of the sixth grader and her friend are a credit to her mother. We adults literally kept looking over their shoulders to use their art ideas.

I have never taken any marketing or psych classes. I can't draw a straight line nor do I have much in the way of "follow through." I cannot sew and make a lousy leader.

I am a classic underachiever, the baby of a family who had the poor misfortune to be a youngest child with four uber successful siblings. One of my siblings is a mensa genius, he was able to figure out the concept of multiplying at the tender age of five from getting a slide rule in a box of cracker jacks.

But with all this said, I am a humanitarian by nature and the Jewish philosophy of making the world I live in better because there is nothing else when I die has always created a desire to do good things today, never waiting until tomorrow because

1. tomorrow never comes
2. and there is not guarantee I will see another moment in time. MS has really brought that reality home to roost in that I had planned for a different reality of running a marathon, dancing at my children's weddings.

I stick with what is simple and doable.

Yeesh! Now my head can fit through the doorway again!

re paypal donation. Great idea! Give a small amount to your local shelter. If there is a spot for "in honor of," you can put my name or the name of my son or your name or even your own! That would be awesome!
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (08-25-2012), Jules A (08-06-2012), SallyC (08-07-2012), Twinkletoes (08-08-2012)