View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Updated

I quit pretty much cold turkey and was not concerned about seizures. I was taking 450mg/day then down to 300mg for almost a month, then after a week of breaking open 150mg capsules I became impatient and felt I was just dragging out the withdrawal and if I was going to suffer I would just go ahead and do it..

I was only on Lyrica 2-3 months tops, and the duration of my withdrawal has now eclipsed the length of time I was on the drug—just a neat little fact.. I quit 6/6/12, today is my three month Lyrica withdrawal anniversary, unbelievable really, but time passes and we slowly recover.

This past week I started taking 50mg of Trazadone at night because the insomnia and depression were making life really difficult and had been for so long, I bombed a career job opportunity a few weeks ago, that I really needed because I was such a wreck at the interview, could not retain information, anxiety, etc. the list goes on, it was awful. But I could still write and that’s how I go the interview. Anyway, Trazadone has really helped me. I was hesitant taking it because I don’t want to be on anything, in the next few days I’ll let off the Trazadone a few nights and see where I’m at—either coincidentally I recovered from withdrawal at the same time I began taking the Trazadone regularly, or it is really helping me--I take a third of a pill/prescribed dosage before bed, 50mg. Trazadone if not like addictive sleep drugs, it’s pretty light.

As I have mentioned in the past I have been doing a lot of exercising, I know many of you were using Lyrica for chronic pain issues like I was, so being active my sound like an impossibility, I myself though it was impossible to come back as far a I have, I agreed to Lyrica when I was crawling because of acute sciatica pain. I run and do a cross-trainer at the YMCA, 2-4 miles a day. Lately I began lifting weights and doing strength training, and it’s incredible, the full body thing really combats the electrified withdrawal symptoms and the release of endorphins helps to curb the severe depression and anxiety related to Lyrica discontinuation. Being with people is good too, good music, and water, but if you can get you muscles working and cardio, etc. Do it! It’s so good. Start slow and easy and build up. I meditate like mad too.

I’m actually to the point where I am almost thankful for this period of suffering Lyrica has put me through. I grew in a lot of ways that I always wanted to but probably never would have if I hadn’t gone through this experience, physical maintenance being one of these.
I feel really good right now. I am certain all of you will again too, you just have to hang in there. Another month and I think I might be over this beast--that will be four months recovery time.

One more thing, I read online was that in some cases the nerve pain did not come back when patients stopped using Lyrica, like I said, it was online so take it with a grain of salt, however, the acute pain I was experiencing never returned. I have been very active though.

Happygolucky, where's your pool at? Good job on your three weeks, you sound great, like you have a grip and will make it! Thanks for everything you share.

Hope all is well with everyone.
QLL
quitlyricalive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote