View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jlorainne: Thanks for the update. I wish you the best with your surgery and your recovery! I am new to the community, but I had surgery by Dr. Thompson on June 14th of this year for right arterial TOS (resection of first rib and cervical rib, scalene removal, and aneurysm repair). I was in the hospital for 4 nights and then stayed at the Parkway Hotel for 2 more nights before my post-op check-in. I came in from out of town and had family with me the whole time.

I was very pleased with Dr. Thompson and his staff. Everyone was extremely professional, and it really did help so much with my anxiety knowing that I was with one of the best surgeons for this condition. The nursing staff were very familiar with TOS and the recovery process. The first few days were rough, but I had good pain control and mainly just slept a lot. I had very low energy and quite a bit of pain the first 4 weeks after surgery, but I'm doing a lot better now. I am back at work and also doing PT twice a week which I think is helping a lot.

Just wanted to wish you all the best moving forward! I really trust Dr. Thompson for these types of surgery. Like you wrote, you have a serious case and it just makes sense to go to someone who does a bunch of these. Take care!
JR1977 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-07-2012), NerPain4 (11-20-2012), nospam (08-07-2012)