View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysf View Post
Have the surgeons said anything about your returning to a computer job all day? I was a lawyer before surgery and my surgeon said I shouldn't go back to the same line of work following surgery because the risk of re-injury was too great. I'm curious what your doctors have had to say about this.

Take care,
Kelly
No, most of them have said that it definitely contributed and is continuing to make my symptoms worse but no one has mentioned that I should change jobs. I know my recovery will be on the longer end because I can't go back to work too quick because of what you said, the risk of re-injury being too great. I don't know what Annest and Sanders will tell me when I go see them though. Regardless, I know myself that my job isn't doing me any good and don't want to re-injure myself so I am already considering looking for a new one. I don't plan to change my line of work, just the amount of work I do sitting at a computer (I'm currently doing psych evals and assessments for inmates so I am thinking of going back to more counseling and treatment and maybe trying field work).
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote