View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi new2net98,

I strongly believe in PT as well as exercise. The issue of heat can be dealt with afterwards with a cool shower.

From the begining this disease has affected my mobility. When I was diagnosed my neuro told me the best thing I could do is Walk. I looked at him like he was crazy since I was in a severe exacerbation and moving, let alone walking, was very difficult.

Every relapse I have had (5) has affected mobility. Walking, as well as PT, has allowed me to regain what I would lose due to the exacerbation.

Everyone with this disease can exercise. Each person has different abilities and limits and exercise will vary depending on the persons capabilities.

Depending on the damage this disease has done you can get to a point where signals are not getting through and exercise is not helping to rebuild strength and muscle.

You can use it or lose it but you won't you will not know if PT is beneficial to you unless you try. PT is a great starting point in learning how to exercise with this disease.
ANNagain (08-07-2012), new2net98 (08-09-2012), SallyC (08-09-2012), yeti (08-07-2012)