View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Recalled AFTER the recall

Hi Spine95: Yes this is the Medtronics pump. It was implanted AFTER the recall. The recall was in June of 2011 and mine was implanted in Oct 2011. When I found this out in Jan 2012 I found my serial number and went onto Medtronics website where you can key in your serial number and mine was on the recall list. So I called Medtronics. They told me they were not going to take them off the market because they felt the failures were such a "low risk of failure"............ They were "mandated" to take them off the market....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
I assume this is a Medtronic pump. The way the FDA wrote up the recall, stated that all devices on the shelf were to be recalled and not inplanted in future patients. The recall did not cover patients that currently had them. They are to be removed and replaced as needed. In other words, the way things stand Medtonic does not have to step up to the plate until you go into crisis. Many ins. companies will not get involved or pay for replacement surgery to prevent a problem that has not and may not happen. Hopefully, that will not happen. Prayers and best wishes.
besidemyself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-09-2012), Mark56 (08-08-2012), Rrae (08-08-2012)