View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 01:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandrob4ever View Post
I am new here and have had this 3 and 1/2 years. All my friends have gone by the wayside because they can still do all the stuff I cannot do anymore. Pain is unbearable at times and that is being nice. Doctors are oblivious to what I have, and look at me as a drug abuser. So all in all life sucks, except for my family.
Welcome to NT! You should find some great support here. I am sorry for what you are going through, it is tough to deal with!

I can relate to most of what you say. Since I can't tolerate anything, they know I am not looking for drugs and thankfully don't look at me that way. But I have a friend with different pain issues and she runs into that. Now, they just look at me like they don't know what to do with me. I have had RSD for 20 or 21 years now.

I have the problem with drs too, been through soooo many and it took a while to find my current PM dr but now he is at the stage of not knowing what to do with me. I have two spinal cord stimulators that help, but I have RSD in places they don't reach. With my intolerances and allergies, they are at a loss of what to do and I suffer for it.

Most of my friends are too busy for me, I can no longer do those fun things I used to do with them either. Only a few of them get it and seem to care. I am most thankful for my husband, he is a true gift and I don't know where I would be if I didn't have him.

I am still working, but it takes all I have to get through the work day and I am not sure how much longer I can handle it. The stimulators have helped me continue this long. I am also finding some help in dealing with this through counseling, it really does help my mind at times.

I hope you can find the help and support you need, because it really does suck!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote