View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 03:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default gluten-free

Quote:
Originally Posted by akimbo View Post
The more reading I do about FMS the more it scares me. I have all the autonomic dysfunction (anhydrosis, mottled skin, migraine, heat/cold intolerance, high heart rate at night, low blood pressure ...) in addition to my cognitive challenges, and, of course, lots of pain and chemical intolerance. I've been having b12 injections for over two years. I think it helps me sleep, but I'm not aware of any other obvious benefit. I take 2000 D a day. As it happens, my naturopath has me on a gluten-free, no dairy diet for a few weeks to see if that helps. We are also trying rhodiola for adrenal support. I have tried many supplements and diet programs. Whatever is happening to me seems to be outside of the diet realm, but, as I said, am trying the gluten free diet again.
I went gluten free to see if it affected my health in any way....no difference in my pain, headaches, or IBS...just ended up spending 3x the amount of money on food and gained 10lbs!! I gave it 90 days also...so it was not just a week and then quit!!
just my experience...I know others that have gone gluten free and it has changed their lives...so it is to each his own and definitely worth the try...
Lisa
Happygeek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-12-2012)