View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is twitching a sign of RSD

Hello everyone,
This forum has been such a help to me. It carries so my much information and I feel there is people who understand what I am going through. As most of you know once you are diagnosed with CRPS your whole life has changes... Well my has defiantly changed in the past six months...

In Feb 2012 I had shoulder surgery. A few months after the surgery I was diagnosed with CRPS in my left hand, arm, shoulder and now in it has moved to my neck area and chest bone. I am currently on the following medications (please note: I was on some of them previously due to chronic migraines):

Imipamine *
Topiramate *
Cybalta
Inderal *
Gabapentin
Norco
Naprosyn

I currently do PT at home three times a day. I have had two never blocks done on the same day with some success. The next step in my treatment is a six week treatment program at the Sacramento Pain Clinic. Since my diagnosis with RSD I have noticed my legs and arms twitching alot. After that I have the option to try the Spinal Cord Stimulator's trail prior to the SCS. I would love to hear peoples experience with the SCS with shoulder and and arm injuries (where is it placed, recover time, how does it work, etc.).

Some times the twitching is very mild other times the twitches are strong. I checked the side effects on the new medications I have been introduced (*) but they do not indicate this as a problem. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what has your experience been? Mine seem to be getting alot stronger which worries me. Sometimes when I am walking it almost causes me to fall. All comments are appreciated

Orrwhat

Last edited by Orrwhat; 08-07-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to add astrics after previous meds
Orrwhat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote