Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1076 View Post
Im sure that the meds that you talk about are all safe and i know that the doctors would not put people on them if they were not.
Hi
I just wanted to comment on this as, although I know nothing about the meds referred to, and do not have neuropathy, yet I have learned by bitter experience that sometimes doctors DO put people on medications that are not "all safe". I do think it is always wise to become as informed as possible about any medication and be sure you ask about all possible side effects etc so that you can make a decision based on informed knowledge, rather than just a doctor's opinion. Different people may react very variably to the same drug, and the "rare" bad side effects are actually a lot more common when one starts investigating.
Medications have a vital role in illness and can both save lives as well as restore quality to life....so I am not in any way trying to be "anti-med".....just sounding a word of caution to be well informed before just taking a medication because the doctor says it is "safe"!

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (08-08-2012)