View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Another neck injury

As I'm waiting for my facet injection procedure date, I sustained another whiplash injury. I had to slam on the brakes on the freeway when the car in front of me came to a dead stop. It was so close......probably less than an inch from his bumper when I stopped. I was thrown forward and back again from the sudden stop and it totally messed up my neck. Also triggered a monster migraine several hours after the injury. I can hardly turn my neck from side to side now because my muscles are in such bad spasm from the whiplash.

I was just at the spine surgeon's office to have x rays done and found out that my C4 vertebrae is out of alignment. The x-rays also show bone spurs on C4- C7 that weren't there 6 months ago. I feel worse than ever with the neck pain and can't wait to get the procedure done. We don't even know for sure if it's going to work. I don't want to be disabled. I've worked so hard to try to have a career, went back to school etc. I feel like my health issues are destroying my chance of having a normal life. The harder I try to fix my health problems, more problems seem to occur. I'm trying to hang in there but I feel like the odds are stacked against me. This work absence may cost me my job if my medical leave doesn't get approved. Feeling pretty down right about now and in a lot of pain.
Sally Mae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-12-2012)