View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

2girls,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I had serious academic struggles in both high school and college. High achievers often suffer the worst from PCS.

What have you/she been doing to support recovery? What has her cognitive rest been like? How does she keep busy?

Has she had any blood work done?

What is her diet like?

Does she play sports like soccer?

btw, As a homeschool dad with a daughter who was diagnosed as borderline learning disabled in 1st grade, I know how successful homeschooling can be. Getting her free of the social pressure of achievement will give her a great advantage. We pulled her from 4th grade doing 2nd grade work in reading and math. At home, my wife had her at grade level in 4 months and she graduated high school at 16. The individual instruction made a huge difference. It can make the difference for your daughter.

You do not need any special skills to be a benefit to her. There are plenty of resources for a high school student. Doing a public school at home will not be as flexible.

What state are you in? Some states have better access to homeschool programs that others. It depends on your state laws.

Feel free to ask any questions. You can even email or PM me if you need to. I don't know if anybody else has experience with homeschooling.

Let us know how we can help. We are here for you and DD.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
2girlswithPCS (08-13-2012), greenfrog (08-08-2012)