View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I always assume that people are doing the basics when they post here but I wanted to cover some things that you should keep in mind.

Always make sure to be taking a good B complex vitamin,,invaluable for helping to rebuild the mylean sheath around nerves,,,,a good multi vitamin complex with high levels of selenium,, get lots of sleep even if that means getting some ambien from your MD, it's well worth it,,,avoid stressers,,,get rid of aspartame, MSG, caffeine and as much sugar as possible and if you are a smoker try going to an electronic cigarette they work well and many chronic pain sufferers (like me) are smokers.
And here is one that most people don't know,,get rid of all tooth whitening products,,they can over sensitize the teeth and create all kinds of additional pain....if you are concerned about white teeth use peroxide and baking soda,,it works well

The last one I highly suggest that no one ever does is learn to meditate,,even if it's as simple as learning to regulate your breathing,,it can make an enormous difference in managing pain,,I honestly could not have survived if I did not regularly meditate. It can be as simple as picking up a CD at Barnes & Noble and learning basic breathing control to something that really helps you relax and breath through pain,,I believe it's a must for TN patients.

Good luck,,let me know if I can help with anything and if you need to talk feel free to private message me and we can try and connect sometime,,,,
I hope some of this info helps reduce the pain,,even a little......Beth
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote