View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Yes!

I have Hypothyroidism Type 2, and I take 125mcg of T3 (liothyronine) in the morning which controls my fibromyalgia. I am following Dr. John C Lowe's protocol. He is Dr. Gina Honeyman's former husband, recently deceased, and they are the research team who discovered the connection between fibromyalgia and thyroid hormone resistance.

It is better to use the new term for "Peripheral Tissue Thyroid Hormone Resistance" which is "Type 2 Hypothyroidism" because many doctors immediately assume that there is no-one on the planet who has Peripheral Tissue Thyroid Hormone Resistance! They are operating under the drug company education they received in medical school that says that Thyroid Hormone Resistance is extremely rare and always genetically inherited, but it is NOT true!

The new information says that Thyroid Hormone Resistance may be genetic, but it also may be acquired just like Insulin Resistance. Furthermore,toxins in our environment may be responsible for causing it. There are also Hormone disruptors such as Florine, Chlorine and Bromine all of which can take the place of thyroid hormones in our body.

If you want to know why so many people are suffering without proper treatment and how to tell if you may have this disorder then read "Hypothyroidism Type 2: The Epidemic" by Mark Starr MD. Hypothyroidism Type 2 CANNOT be determined by thyroid blood tests! My thyroid tests have always been completely normal and consequently I almost died of Coronary Artery disease. With thyroid treatment my CAD is GONE now! I had 2 heart procedures, and now there is no sign of the problem! I did NO major diet or exercise changes either!

Dr. Lowe's website is down right now since he passed away earlier this year from a head injury, but they say it is being reworked and will be back soon. He is the one who worked diligently to find the cause of fibromyalgia. It's estimated that 65% of people with fibromyalgia have Type 2 Hypothyroidism.
kiznkitten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote