View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok, here's my input. No to RP, I never heard of that one. I do heal slower than I use, but I dont put too much thought into why.

I have had brain, neck, spine, etc MRI's and my brain has the lesions but none showing on the spine but alot of my problems are in my legs. Doc says just because the MRI doesnt show them, doesnt mean they are not there.

Low B12 and vit D are big things when testing for MS. They are big mimics of MS. There are at least 100 illness' that mimic MS.

As far as anxiety, stress and heat... HUGE impact on MS. Stress can actually induce a flare. Heat can give you a psuedo flare. Thats why its real important to stay cool. I use to take such hot showers I would come out with red skin. I cant do that anymore. I too use a shower chair, and cooler water now. The chair has really helped me with my energy level while showering.

I experienced the hug for the first time in December 2011. Baclofen became my new best friend when dealing with that. As for swallowing, yes I have problems with it, I just use a straw to drink, if I dont, I do choke. I cut up food in smaller pieces now, and its working so far.

Finally, yes I do have the twitches. In my eyes, cheeks, etc. I just had a bad bought of my eye twitching so bad I couldnt open it. For a full 24 hours and my baclofen didnt help it relax at all.

I do have back pain, but I was in nursing for 20 yrs so I contribute the pain to that back breaking work. Not everything is MS related
Flare Oct 2011
Flare Dec 2011
Left disabled after 2 previous flares
Betaseron '02, Copaxone '12, Tecfidera '13
(allergic reaction to all)
No longer taking any MS therapy meds
KittyLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HarveysAngelsx3 (08-08-2012), SallyC (08-08-2012), yeti (08-09-2012)