View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My mom just got a Brain shunt..Need help.

My mom got a brain shunt placed in her brain 5 days ago. I am not sure what kind of brain shunt, but I should find out tomorrow. First day things were good just some headache, then maybe a day after she was very nousious and threw up she also complained of headaches. She had an MRI done again and everything was fine so they discharged her but i wasn't there that day so i couldn't ask all the questions I had .

She was given several medications vicodin for pain, Levetira for seizures (I am not sure why she is not epileptic..) I will find out tomorrow. Also was given medication to sleep, a medication for ulcers( since she had 5 of them) and of course calcium and Vitamin D for her Osteoporosis. Anyways she has been sleeping all day today.... I am really worried, she seems very out of it and I just don't know what to do... I just want my mom back and healthy. She has an appointment to see a neurologist in about 2 weeks to remove stitches. Should I be worried about anything? She is not vomiting nor has she complained of any pain, just been sleeping. Is it too soon to tell? I ve worried myself sick looking at the unsucess stories of brain shunts and their malfunctioning. Any advice would help
merie14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote