Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Confused

I started the burning/tingling in my feet about 5 years ago...wasn't concerned and kept on running, literally. I was training for a marathon. Then the pain got so bad, I thought I pulled a muscle or tendon...

I've been to a lot of doctors over the years and in April of this year I went to see a Neurologist who did an EMG/Nerve Condusive Test and diagnosed me with Peripheral Neuropathy. He prescribed gabapentin at 300mg a day and then every six weeks he would up it another 300mg a day until I got up to 1200mg a day and still had pain...

fast forward. I got the flu and went to see a new primary care and he ordered an MRI & X-ray of the lumbar, MRI of the brain and X-ray of the neck..wow. the first neurologist only did the EMG/Nerve. My primary care sent to me to see another neurologost who diagnosed me with small fiber neuropathy, not peripheral. He said peripheral doesn't go into the hands and thought I had carpal tunnel. going in for another EMG/Nerve test on my hands next week. He prescribed gabapentin at 300 3x day and every 3 days go up 300 mg 3 x a day until I reach 1200mg 3x a day...Thats 3600mg a day..I think I'm going to be sick

Sorry for the lengthy letter. I'm confused? How is one doctor says one thing and another in the same field says another. Either way I'm in pain all the time and find myself screaming because the electric shocks are so severe.

Anyone else going through this?
Love62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Idealist (09-17-2012), tamiloo (08-11-2012)