Thread: Doctor issue.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default a little hope

So I told you about the horrible PA I saw last month when I went in for my monthly visit to the pain doc.... Well, after suffering terribly through the month, it was finally time for my next appointment which seemed to take an eternity to arrive. I was hopeful because the appointment was schedule with the physician and not the PA. But when I arrived, they informed me the doctor was sick and I'd be seeing the PA or the ARNP. I could have cried. I was in so much pain I would have driven to the ED had it not been for this appointment! So when they took me my blood pressure it was the highest I've ever had 160to over 90. I was fearful this would be another waisted appointment, $30 and another month of suffering. To my surprise, the ARNP that took my appointment was wonderful! Caring, compassionate and she listened. I explained what had happened at my last appoitment and she was shocked by the changes the PA had made to my treatment plan! She appologized by saying "they call it practicing medicine and it can take a few times so get to the right plan for me. She prescribed new meds for me at reasonable doses and quantities and suggested ways to manage my flares. Sha also offered to send me for aqua therapy which I really want to try. I feel I got lucky this month and am so thankful to find the help I needed. I hope you too have found someone who can provide you the care you need to cope with this disease...and give you a little hope.
Sandy Shores is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
finz (08-13-2012), RSDcandice (08-08-2012)