View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Depo

Jacqui
I was wanting children so bad that I did let slip ups happen...all four of them. the oldest after I remarried and was 40! I never grew up, but so dearly wanted my children....But the older one was not planned, I was young and not even involved with anyone....but God took something difficult and gave me a blessing.

I know how I felt with de and taking her for Depo and your exact feelings as I would not only right now have her three cats, but any children she would have had to care for too at 52 years old.

NOT to add worry, But I am still on Depo provera ( I have tubes tied, but had heavy periods) and my de was too. We had big trouble with it.
THE GENERIC! break through bleeding, and if periods, if you have bleeding you can get pregnant from what the doctor told me.

So I think the generic is way too week to prevent pregnancy if we were bleeding like that. The first month I spot, the second I have a full period, then I have to take a second shot....I am going to speak to her about BRAND only! I havemy tubes tied, but after October when this deveoped with the generics for us, I was so concerned.

I would NEVER reccomend the generic and even warned my gyn that there could be unwanted pregnancies in her practice from it if that is the case....not strong enough. They do ahve those strips they implant, never read much about them though...

I am saying a prayer,
lots of time there is cary over protection from long term use of depo....so I hope that is the case of your daughter...

BUT Mom even if you forgot with all on your mind...I wonder if daughter truley forgot or if a poattern maybe happening. Her age, wanting a child may be developing....A talk on caring responsibility, gee from her sister she shold see the problems and responsibilities that a child would bring on without a husband to support each other.

Just my rambling thoughts as each depo shot I worried as you to keep on top of things.
Love to you
Di

Pocono area, PA