View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default No way back

I hope for you that you will get back to the previous state at some point.

I'm 37, male. I have always enjoyed the strongest sexual desire and strength one could possibly imagine since I was a kid.
In 2009 I developed insomnia. After various medications I took, my doctor literally forced me to take sertraline. At that stage my sexual drive and arousal were still extremely high, even with the insomnia. Getting excited was still extremely easy as always.

I told him I didn't want to, but eventually I gave up and took it. I did not know about its negative sexual side effects, neither my doctor informed me about them. The reason I did not want to take is that I try to avoid medications in general if I feel I can. He prescribed 50mg. No improvement, neither problems while on it. This lasted for about 2 months. Then I dimmed it off. It was February 2011. The very same day I quit it, I lost the perception of my genitals as I had for 35 years. Normally I felt immediately excited just by touching them. Now it's like dead. They hang as dead flesh. I can still get erections but after that day it requires an incredible effort.
Needless to say I have never recovered. It's about 18 months now.

I don't want to scare you but I do believe that there is really something wrong with sertaline (and possibly also all the other SSRIs) that we still don't understand.