View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 07:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Shopster, I fear that you are the one with your head in the sand. Going to an "all natural" lifestyle is not going to cure anything. Food additives were not used (except salt and sugar which are natural) up until the 20th century. Was there any disease before the 20th century?

By the way, about pasteurization, the AVMA published an article back in the '80s about the history of veterinary medicine. I wish I had the reference, but I have lost it. It was specifically talking about food inspection. There was a statement made that in 1900, over 100,000 children died each year in the USA from drinking milk. Now we have modern evil farming in which the cows are handled unnaturally and the milk is pasteurized. How many children die from drinking store bought milk in America that is handled according to labeled use? None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. And for the "anti-farming" crowd, I suggest you visit a dairy farm. I have never seen a more content looking bunch of animals. They love their lives.

I have a friend that went on one of those all natural diets thinking that it would cure his MS. I don't know what all he ate, but part of the diet involved eating 3 pints of blueberries a day. The only thing that eating 3 pints of blueberries will cure is constipation.