View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmschaver View Post
You do not need an app for NT. Bookmark it in your browser. I hear the "DOLPHINE" web browser works well. Also if the kindle supports bluetooth you can get both a mouse and keyboard that connect bluetooth. I have a Ipad and thats the setup I use.
I know about Blue Tooth, I know about mouses (mice??) I know this and i know that. I don't know anything about Dolphine. I DO know about the app store. I've downloaded MANY free apps on BOTH of my tablets.

I thought I was getting good at that. Tapping here, doing 1 click. I'm VERY careful what I tap on.

Well.....yesterday they were having a free app Bug in a Bag (or something like that). a free kindle ebook to tell you what items you will need if there was a flood or an emergency. It was free. I tapped, I purchased it. I CAN READ.

Well. in 5 minutes I got a message telling me "Congratulations you have bought the second book 50 SHADES OF GRAY Dark ) Or something like that.

Now I know what that book is. At my age WHY THE HECK WOULD I BE BUYING 50 SHADES OF ANYTHING??" lol

So I immediately knew this was an error. I found a way (took me some time to find out how to cancel a KIndle Purchase.) It seems you go to my account on Amazon, you find the option "manage my kindle", you select 'refund", you give a reason (I chose Accidental Purchase) but believe me, there was no accidental purchase. And I got an email saying they refunded my $9.99 and it should show up in 3 days on my credit card.

I will probably never purchase any app again. I might be charged $49.99 as an ACCIDENT??

Good Lord. lol

I'm happy with what I have. I have various games. And I have whatever I need.

Now I'm going to learn what Dolphine is.

lol

Thanks much
Melody
P.S. I'm still learning what all these icons I'm tapping are for. Like the bookmarks icon.

Have LOTS to learn still. lol

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote