Thread: Lemonade Stand
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarcyn View Post
If you cannot get out of the house without help (like me, I am a shut-in), call a neighbor or family and ask them to stop by the grocery store to pick up a can of cat or dog food when he/she is shopping. Tell them you will pay them the dollar or so when it is dropped off. I would bet good money that the person will buy a can, maybe add a can of their own. He/she may even offer to drop it off at a local vet or a shelter. It is so easy to do.
I swear you missed your calling in the marketing industry!!! Another great idea and also a way of empowering someone who might feel unable to help based on their physical condition.

One thing I have noticed here, compared to a cat message board I have belonged to for years, is that requests for fundraising even for MS stuff are often unanswered. I'm sure much of it is because some of us are on limited incomes but there are usually other ways to help. Your ideas of donating old towels is a perfect example and organizing a fundraiser like you did could be done from home and wouldn't necessarily even require any money from the organizer.

Despite how cynical I tend to be about this lifetime in general I believe giving back is so important and I do feel good about myself for the things I have done to help others, especially my beloved critters.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (08-09-2012), Kitty (08-09-2012)