View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

I had an opportunity to meet with Medtronics yesterday and they are telling me the pain pump was "never recalled"........ I met with the local sales rep in the doctor who installed it's office. I said, "You're kidding me right"..... I don't think he realized how much research I had done on this issue and with the FDA... I showed him the FDA Recall and showed him Medtronic's letter "to the public". Then he showed me... supposedly, what HIS instructions were.. (from his computer)... and that was... "Continue issuing the pumps until we exhaust the inventory and the new ones come out"... He stated that HE personally wasn't aware of a Recall............ Is there a coverup or something. I guess the sales rep was sent in there to make me think there really isn't a concern here. But I left the meeting telling him that HE is not the person I needed to speak with. I told him that Dr. 3 said I had a "ticking timebomb in my body" and the FDA Class I Recalled the product and I don't know what he had on his computer and don't CARE. He asked me what I wanted and I said I want the pump REPLACED with a GOOD PUMP. I've told him about some of the horror stories I've been reading on these message rooms because of these bad battery issues and I don't want to be a statistic. What Medtronic did by continuing to issue the bad pumps after they were recalled is Against the Law and downright criminal and I'm not going to let them get away with it.....
besidemyself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (08-09-2012), eva5667faliure (08-09-2012), Mark56 (09-02-2012), Rrae (08-12-2012)