View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Yes, I can tell exactly what kind of bed to get. And you don't even have to buy the whole bed.

Alan and I have this old mattress and we couldn't afford to buy a brand new mattress. We always wanted to buy a Temper Pedic. but that's WAY too much money. Now this kind of mattress may or may not be your cup of tea but believe me when I tell you, IT'S OUR CUP OF TEA!!

This is what I did. I had heard that there were MATTRESS TOPPERS. So I went on Overstock.com and did a search for Visco Elastic Foam Mattress Toppers. Now DO NOT BUY ANY 2 INCH because that's absolutely nothing.

Alan and I first bought a 3 inch one and then we purchased a 4 inch one.
So put them together and what do you have??? a 7 inch mattress.
We put these two right on top of our old mattress. We also purchased two Temper pedic like pillows.

WELL, LET ME TELL YOU.When you lay on these mattress toppers, you are on a cloud. There are no pressure points, no springs. You just lie down and go to heaven. Now I had previously bought the egg crate mattress topper thing. DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, Especially if you don't weigh 120 lbs and who on earth today weighs 120 lbs????

I know there are people who don't like these things. They prefer a harder mattress or a different kind of mattress. But for me and Alan, (and we just spoke about this yesterday). The day we save up $500, we'll go to Bob-0-pedic (he's a guy who does commercials and sells the exact same thing as a Temper-pedic but it's called a Bob-o-pedic. We will go there and buy a queen size mattress.

When it gets delivered, we'll throw out our old mattress, we'll take the two mattress toppers that we've been using, ....we'll take them and put them on the box spring, THEN WE'LL PUT THE NEW BOB-O-PEDIC MATTRESS RIGHT ON TOP OF THAT. We'll have a mattress to die for!!!

We've been sleeping on the mattress toppers for about two years now. Sure, they change color and now they are yellow but who on earth cares. PUt some nice sheets on them, a nice warm comforter at night and you're good to go!!! They keep their shape, they conform to your body. Some people don't like to sink into a mattress, they just want to LAY ON TOP OF THE MATTRESS.

These temper-pedic mattresses are a bit different than the mattress toppers.
As a matter of fact, the other day I was at The Sharper Image in NYC. I took my in-laws around the store and there were two different kinds of Temper Pedic Mattresses on display. My sister in law said "my son-in-law bought a temper-pedic and sent it back. So this kind of mattress is not for everybody.

Well, of the two different kinds of temper pedic, there was the regular temper pedic and there was the pillow top temper pedic. I laid down on the Pillow-top one and immediately said "This is the one for me".

So, if I ever get the money, I'll get a Pillow-top (either a temper pedic or a Bob-o-pedic), to me it doesn't matter.

But since I've been using my mattress toppers I have the sleep of an angel at night.

So go and look for yourself. Try and find a mattress store and lay down on the temper-pedics and roll around on them. You'll either fall in love or you'll say "this is not for me".

ALAN AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM.!!!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote