View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok. I feel better now. I don't have to worry about what you are saying and I will happily take my mestinon. *edit* You did not address how we can absorb intact enzymes, and now you say that cooking destroys minerals?

Let's take iron as an example. It is a mineral. It is a necessary nutrient. You can cook it. You can burn it. You can boil it, charbroil it, explode it, oxidize it, paint it, bury it, dig it up 5000 years later, and it will still be iron.

You just flunked high-school science. Minerals are elemental matter. In a chemical reaction, matter is neither created nor destroyed.

Enzymes are complex proteins. They cannot be absorbed in the adult gut without being broken down into their monomers, the amino acids. These monomers are absorbed. They are later reassembled into the new enzymes that the person that absorbed them needs. This is done at the cellular level. Enzymes are not necessary nutrients. Some amino acids are.

Ok everybody, take your mestinon.

Last edited by Chemar; 08-09-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: sorry but have to apply guidelines to all posts
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (08-09-2012)