View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jeff,

I take baclofen (20 mg X 3) for spasms, valium (10 mg X 3) for the stiffness, prednisone (15mg one day/5 mg next day) to keep my eyes from locking in place and having double vision, and imuran (50 mg X 3) to help control the prednisone effects. We are in the process of trying to reduce the prednisone to a maintenance level of 10 mg every other day. I know that I probably won't be able to completely be free from it but we are going to try slowly reducing the dosage. I know that some of my former post have not been clear on the dosages I take but I checked to make sure these figures are correct.

This combination has really seemed to work well although I still get stiff with too much outside stimuli and being cold. My X-neuro made the comment that he has seen patients take up to 80 mg of valium per day to control the stiffness which I can't imagine. I think he was just talking "Big" which is one of the reasons he's no longer my doctor. I really am reluntant to increase the valium because I can tell that it has had an effect on my thinking and remembering process. But I am thankful that it has helped with the stiffness and the other problems that I have experienced with SPS.

I hope this helps. As I've said the SPS really is my biggest problem and having the spasms and stiffness under control is so important.

Good luck,
Becky
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote