View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 04:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Hi Sally,

I'm not sure I know what a "normal" life IS. Somewhere along the journey, possibly/probably feeling somewhat like what you expressed, it occured to me that I have never had what I spoze most people would consider a "normal life". This isn't just due to mishaps (medical and/or otherwise) but also alternative lifestyle, various life choices, and other factors I needn't go into here.

Looking back, and anticipating forward, I choose to think of my life -- our life (DW & self) together -- as an extraordinary life, the definition of which is whatever I/we choose it to be!

The challenges we (all of us) face may be far from those we would EVER choose (not to mention the outcomes), but of the things we can control and the things we cannot control, I believe how we view our own lives falls within the former.

Doc
Doc,

You're right. "Normal" is pretty subjective. It's tough to find your way when so much is coming at you at once. I know what I want but I also have learned that I have to make many compromises because I can't have things exactly as I would like them. First and foremost, I need to get these immediate health concerns under better control. Hopefully my nerve block and RFA procedures will set me on the course to do that. Once the pain is under better control, I hope to get back into 'life'. One step at a time.
Sally Mae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-12-2012)