View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi and welcome!
I also had bilateral cervical ribs, although my right side is the one that was worse. Before surgery, I had an aneurysm in my subclavian artery. I'm not sure exactly where it went through, but I know it was messed up.
I had surgery in June by Dr. Thompson at Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. I was extremely impressed by him and his staff. He never batted an eye at my issues even though I know my situation was a little more complicated than some since I had the extra ribs plus the aneurysm. He was totally confident that he could fix my problems, and he did.
The recovery was rough at times, but it has been completely worth it just to have it fixed once and for all. It meant so much to me to go to who I felt was a very qualified surgeon who specialized in TOS. I was fortunate in that I only live about 4-5 hours from St. Louis and also have Federal insurance that I can use anywhere in the US. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to go to him.
I wish you the best with your upcoming appointment! Hope you get some very helpful information and a great plan moving forward!
JR1977 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Catalinagarciac (08-30-2012)