View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 12:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Ribbon Progress!

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences and remedies for the awful withdrawal symptoms! 8/7/12 I experienced my usual hot flashes, queasiness, panic attacks, muscle spasms, depression, exacerbated fibromyalgia pain, exhaustion, etc.. Well that night I decided to try a warm water enema (not for the squeamish)! My mom had been sharing my ordeal with a naturalist she's been seeing, and he asked if I had been 'regular' and if I hadn't that the Lyrica could still be affecting me through my bowels. And wouldn't you know the next day I felt completely drained of energy, but I didn't feel as queasy or the urge to shake all over from the muscle spasms. Today, was my first day to feel 'human' since 7/23! I felt weak most of the day, but the nausea, panic attacks, hot flashes, and depression seemed to be gone! I'm not one to use enemas on a regular basis, but after this breakthrough I would say that I'm really glad I put the idea of it out of my head and just went for it.

I hope everyone else is on the road to recovery and if you're still miserable try an enema! The websites I visited prior to going through with it, list the benefits and ailments that people use enemas to ease.

If you're not quite ready for that, I did find that consuming large quantities of water, having access to an ice pack, moving at a slower pace, and just letting my body move at the onset of spasms seemed to help. Having people to talk to and being around those who have a sincere desire to help make a big difference too! Lastly, Poise brand has come out with products for women going through menopause, I did purchase the cooling wipes to use on your neck, wrists, and chest and they did provide some relief from the hot flashes.

Thanks again for updating your statuses and sharing!
EyesWideOpen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote