View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 01:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, MissRain .

Possibly, you may have already seen the info. about osteoarthritis (OA) on the following site, which I think is a pretty good one:

http://www.medicinenet.com/osteoarthritis/article.htm

Generally (it won't necessarily be the same for all with OA), OA progresses, and, most typically, it's age-related - but not for all.

Though, as with arthritis, there is no cure for OA but treatments and (symptom/pain) management.

Do you see a rheumatologist? If so, you might want to ask your doc if he or she receives materials from the Arthritis Foundation, which has a magazine and brochures that offer some good info. and tips. Too, the material can also be used as a springboard for discussion with your doc - about concerns and issues - respective of your OA.

Some of the best - most comprehesive materials - I've read about arthritis are books by the Arthritis Foundation, such as: "The Arthritis Foundation's Guide to Good Living with Osteoarthritis." I usually pick up the books - off-line - at Barne's & Noble, which has a fairly good selection of additional titles about arthritis, too, in its health/self-help section. (I prefer off-line purchases since it provides a chance to glance through the TOC and index, as well as read a bit of the text to assess whether it's the "right" book for me.

Recently, my rheumatologist told me to stop all exercise unless it's a water aerobics class or swimming class; so, as with anything and as you most probably know, it's important to find out from your doc what type of activities could possibly help or hurt you.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote